About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
I'm Bailey....more precisely the future Mrs. Bailey Nahrgang. I am head over heels for my man, the amazing Taylor. He rocks at everything. My horses provide me with amazing opportunities and accomplishments. I am about to embark on a year of rodeo, driving, rodeo and oh, more driving. I am blessed beyond belief. I can only hope to grow and learn so much through the next few years. Life is good!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

OH HOW TIME FLIES!

I cannot believe ow time has gotten away from me. I have been so busy! I left off in March, yet it feels like it was just yesterday. Now-a-days, I am posted up in good 'ol Shandon, California at my mom's place with Taylor. Life is great and summer is upon us. Today is 100+ degrees here and I am thankful for the swimming pool, ha, ha.

Sadly, I am on a small break with Spy guy. About two weeks back we competed in the Livermore pro rodeo up north and it feel apart quickly. He reached the first barrel in good faith and as he tried to turn, he was in obvious pain, and refused to turn. He kept a straight body and ran off :-( Taylor drove me frantically to the vet in Los Olivos about 4 and a half hours away. After some flex test, blocks, and x-rays it was concluded that he has a case of OCD (osteochondrosis) in his stifles. It is a developmental disease that I am sure he has been dealing with and the vet told me it can be extremely painful. The bone grows out and disrupts the round shape and a air pocket appears between the bone and cartilage, causing the pain. I felt horrible upon hearing this news. Spy is 15 years old, so it wasn't a huge surprise to hear he isn't perfectly sound, but I felt bad for not noticing this sooner. He had a few non-steriod injections and now he must rest. I am hoping to bring him back out around the time with Salinas.

Taylor and I have also been planning our October wedding. I had no idea this was going to be such a huge task! It is insane to think about the hundreds of details. It is a bit overwhelming, but I just sit back whenever it gets tough, and think about how glorious the big day is going to be. It should be a big party....oh boy, I can' t wait!

LAtely, I have been putting my focus on my newer mare, Angel and my colt (Spy's half brother) Slice. It has been both sad to step off Spy, but good to force my hand into focusing on the future of my career with this two horses. I love them both so much and although we have had our rough spots, there is some glimmer of hope for us.

I have been doing small jobs and hanging out my with family here in California. It has been so refreshing to be home. Oh, and Taylor, Shelby, Annie and myself have started the INSANITY workout dvd series. It is a 60 day work out from h-e-l-l. I swear if I am not so unbelievably fit by the wedding, it is probably because I died trying ha ha.

Well, I hope everyone is doing well. I want to say a continued thank you to my amazing sponsors, Western Dove, Central Coast Performance Horses, Morinda Care Equine Products and JB Dewar once again. Without you, this trail I am on would be a very difficult one. I promise I am taking the very best care of Spy, and I hope we can be back on our feet and doing very well soon enough. Have a great day all!

Sincerely,
Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment