About Me

My photo
San Luis Obispo, CA, United States
I'm Bailey....more precisely the future Mrs. Bailey Nahrgang. I am head over heels for my man, the amazing Taylor. He rocks at everything. My horses provide me with amazing opportunities and accomplishments. I am about to embark on a year of rodeo, driving, rodeo and oh, more driving. I am blessed beyond belief. I can only hope to grow and learn so much through the next few years. Life is good!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 41 - Mood: Happy & Relaxed

Today I am in Buckeye, Arizona at my lovely future parents-in-laws place. I am beyond happy to be near some family and to be somewhere familiar. I have been looking forward to coming here ! My parents-in-law-to-be, Tammy and Donnie have spoiled me from the minute I pulled in. I am so blessed for breaks like this in this crazy game called rodeo.


Last Friday Nikki and I attended a big race in Stephenville, Tx at the Lonestar Arena. This place was amazing! They have the most fancy facility with so many sponsors and giveaways. I decided to run both my horses all three days (why not, right?). Nikki was running two of hers as well.  The first day didn't go so hot. I rode Angel so timidly and it showed in our performance. I got two barrels and they hurt! I am not used to touching barrels with my legs. All my friends know that Spy can tag a barrel like no other, but I never feel them. Spy had a great run, but he sliced down a barrel too, to be the fastest of the night. I was bummed, but I was ready for day two. Off to bed I went, after I watched a few episodes of "True Blood", thanks to Nikki for getting me hooked on that! 


Saturday was a great day. I woke up and the weather was already amazing. I was ready to rock and roll. I had a clean run on both my ponies!!! Angel was still a little out of timing, but she ran a 15.6 and Spy was a 15.3 to be placed at the top. The race was a three day, but all the times went into a big pool and there was one big payout at the end. Nikki decided to run all three horses and she moved to first on her palomino, Vanilla. I was so excited for her. She is on a roll!


Day three, Sunday, was the very best! Angel made a decent run that I figured might be better than her previous run. Heck yes it was!! She ran  15.312, faster than both of Spy's runs. I was shocked because we took a stride past the first and sort of stepped out wide off of the second. I was tickled to know she can clock even when she isn't running a perfect pattern. 


Spy and Angel both clocked in the top 15 out of 470 runs. Although we didnt pull a check I was proud. 


Monday we woke up around 4 a.m. and drove to San Angelo. Slack began  mid morning and went soooooo slowly. They raked every five runners and it summed to take all day. I hit my first barrel to make the progressive round. I was pretty bummed. Nikki had a decent run that brought her back to the progressive.


I packed up shortly after my run and headed west. I was Buckeye bound! I made about an 11 hours drive to Willcox, Arizona before I got to rest my head. It was an emotional day knowing I was headed towards family and familiarity. I was excited, yet exhausted. I got some good rest in Willcox and rose early to drive the remainder of the way. 


The weather is amazing here! My horses are definitely happy to be out of the trailer. All is well and I have been keeping busy. I have rodeo a few outside horses and I am waiting to ride mine since they were just chiropracted.  I will begin back on my diet and exercise program and gear up for my fast approaching wedding. Taylor will be here in the next couple days and we will start making some bigger life plans :-) I am looking forward to a two day race here at the facility on Saturday and Sunday. I am ready to rock and roll and get my confidence back where it should be. 


Happy belated Valentine's Day everyone and I sure miss you all! xoxoxoxoxoxo!!


Sincerely, 
Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment